Saturday, December 3, 2011

John Deer Country Santa & Painting- Day 3

I’ve been told many times that Benjamin should have been born into a farming family, he LOVES digging, dirt and planting; when he and Hayden received their John Deere Gator over the summer, I had two little boys who thought they were in toy heaven. A few weeks ago I saw an advertisement for an afternoon outing at our nearby John Deer Country (we live in farming [Amish] country), I marked my calendar, I knew it would be something my boys would love!

They boys had a blast at the John Deere store; they enjoyed the tractors more then seeing Santa. Hayden is terrified of Santa this year, unfortunately I won’t have my yearly photo of my boys together with Santa :( and when Benjamin saw the John Deere reclining chair seated next to Santa he refused to sit on Santa’s lap.



If you’re looking for something for the kiddos this year, a friend referred me to personalized video from Santa, Benjamin LOVES it…he made us watch his video at least five times in a row.


Ornament Painting

Materials:
Premade unpainted wooden cutouts (I purchased ours at
AC Moore for $0.20)
Paint Brushes
Acrylic Paint
Cup of Water (for rinsing paint brushes)

With the exception of painting himself, or trying to eat the crayons/makers/glue/paint/etc, I’ve quickly realizing Hayden will not be an artist, he rarely wants anything to do with my craft/art projects; Benjamin was only to happy to paint Hayd's cutouts. Once the cutouts were dry, Benjamin had the idea to use rub on stickers for the snowmen; I plan to have my husband drill holes in each of the snowman to be used for ornaments & decorate Christmas packages for the grandparents.



Bedtime story day 3- Merry Christmas Stinky Face
Saturday family movie night-
Polar Express

No comments:

Post a Comment